ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

Leaders in the Online Adult Industry Support .xxx

  • To: <stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Leaders in the Online Adult Industry Support .xxx
  • From: Gregory Dumas <gdumas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:36:31 -0700

Title: Leaders in the Online Adult Industry Support .xxx

I write this to communicate my support for the .xxx TLD proposal. I write as an experienced member of the online Adult Industry and have been since 1995.

I currently own an Internet marketing company specializing in adult website marketing since 2001.  Prior to that I  was President of IGallery, as subsidiary of New Frontier media, a NASDAQ listed company from 1996 to 2001 and prior to that was VP of Marketing for Hustler launching its flagship site in 1995.

I am also a director of the Free Speech Coalition since 2001.

All these companies share one belief ... that child pornography is illegal, it is morally wrong and it should be stopped. This application demonstrates that belief and that the adult industry is prepared to both do something about child pornography and open up a dialogue with the broader Internet community.

.xxx offers an opportunity for the online adult industry act responsibly.

It provides a new forum and platform for the online adult industry to begin to self-organize and to develop their own credible and responsible business practices.

I have personally met with many of the leaders in the online adult community from around the world ... from Python Communications in Curacao ... to Netcollex in the UK ... to Hustler, Vivid, AVN and many many more have all demonstrated their support for this application.

In addition, there is great concern about the risks posed to the industry if .xxx was to ever become a generic TLD.

No other application has stronger industry support or as broad and diverse a community of International supporters from all impacted stakeholders.

Greg Dumas