ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stratplan-2007]

Multilingualism

  • To: <stratplan-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Multilingualism
  • From: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:45:43 -0300

One of our strategic objectives for this period is to

Increase international participation in ICANN and the use of the Internet
system of unique identifiers: ICANN is a global forum for the discussion of
issues affecting the stability and security of the Internet's unique
identifier systems. At this stage of the evolution of the Internet and of
ICANN's own evolution as an organization, it is appropriate to review and
improve ICANN practices and procedures to ensure that they are designed to
serve and support a global audience as effectively as possible.

If we are trying to reach a global audience we should have this document
available at least in major languages. Although we appreciate the
opportunity to discuss this plan on Spanish session, it will be hard for the
broad community represented in the LAC RALO to provide input about a
document that is posted only in English (except for those coming from the
Caribbean, of course).

We are ready to provide input as soon as we get the Spanish version, and are
ready to collaborate in the production of such document.

Warm regards,

Sebastian Ricciardi
Interim At Large Advisory Committee
Latin America and Caribbean Region