ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[techcheck-comments]

Comments on Technical Checks Used for DNS Root Zone Changes

  • To: techcheck-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on Technical Checks Used for DNS Root Zone Changes
  • From: Rickard Dahlstrand <rickard.dahlstrand@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:47:51 +0200

Here are our comments on technical checks used for DNS root zone changes
(http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18aug06.htm).

It is our firm belief that increased controls on the DNS-tree will
increase that stability and performance of the DNS-service in general.
Also by setting the standard high in the root-zone ICANN can increase
the quality lower down in the tree as well. Therefore we feel that ICANN
should set a high standard by enforcing all of these checks.

1. All. None of these requirements are too harsh for a TLD.
2. None, the process should not continue unless the TLD complies to all
of them.
3. None, the process should not continue unless the TLD complies to all
of them.
4. These checks should be performed on a regular basis and warnings
should be sent to the TLD via email.
5. See above.

Best Regards,
Rickard Dahlstrand, IIS