ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tlg-final-report]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Comment to TLG Review draft Report of 3 December 2010

  • To: "tlg-final-report@xxxxxxxxx" <tlg-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment to TLG Review draft Report of 3 December 2010
  • From: Julian Pritchard <julian.pritchard@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:14:59 +0100

This version of the Report is much improved compared to the first draft.

However, for me section 5.5 still misses the point about reciprocity where it
states "... We strongly believe
governance participation privileges at the highest level - participation on the
Board - should and must
be reciprocated to form effective peer relationships...".

Reciprocity has to be targeted at the appropriate level in the structure of the
peer TLG member body.  Giving ICANN access to the ETSI Board would probably be
pointless for both sides.  In ETSI, it may be more appropriate to give ICANN
access to the ETSI GA (as we do at the moment) and/or OCG and/or directly to
the related Technical Committees as we do with the mapping annexes to our
Partnership Agreements with other bodies.  In any case, it should be a
bilateral peer-peer arrangement at the highest most appropriate level, not
necessarily Board-level ( ... in ETSI the Board is not the highest level of
governance!).

Julian Pritchard
Governance Support Director
ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>