ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-strawman]

Comment on TM Clearinghouse "Strawman Solution" & LPR

  • To: "tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx" <tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment on TM Clearinghouse "Strawman Solution" & LPR
  • From: Julia Broecher <julia.broecher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:55:57 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

We write to you on behalf of Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH which attends to
the protection of the trademarks of the Bayer group (http://www.bayer.com/).

We support the adoption of both the "Strawman Solution" and the Limited
Preventative Registration (LPR). Both proposals enhance the protection of brand
owners and Internet users.

Primarily, we favour the LPR which might constitute an efficient Rights
Protection Mechanism (RPM) for trademark owners and lead to an appropriate
balance of interests in the extended domain name space - provided that the fees
for using the LPR will be truly modest.

Best regards
Frank Meixner                           Julia Bröcher
Chief Trademark Counsel           Trademark Counsel
Dr. Julia Bröcher
Trademark Counsel

Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH
Global Trademark Center
Alfred-Nobel-Straße 10
D-40789 Monheim am Rhein

Geschäftsführung:  Joerg Thomaier  |  Michael Reinartz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Monheim am Rhein   |   Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 67604