ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-strawman]

Enhancing Trademark Protection in the new gTLDs

  • To: "tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx" <tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Enhancing Trademark Protection in the new gTLDs
  • From: Laurie Gentile <LGentile@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:41:48 -0500

Dear ICANN,

The Jones Group Inc. is a leading U.S. apparel and footwear manufacturer and
retailer.  Our well-known trademarks include the following:  JONES NEW YORK,
NINE WEST, ANNE KLEIN, STUART WEITZMAN, KASPER, GLORIA VANDERBILT, L.E.I., EASY
SPIRIT, BANDOLINO, ENZO ANGIOLINI, JUDITH JACK and NAPIER, among others.

With respect to the new gTLDs, The Jones Group Inc. supports both of the
proposed mechanisms for enhanced trademark protection, the Limited Preventative
Registrations (LPRs) and the "Strawman Solution" proposal.  These mechanisms,
and the inclusion of the LPRs in particular, would provide necessary added
protection for internet users and an essential cost-effective and more
reasonable means of protecting the valuable rights of trademark owners.

We appreciate your consideration of these comments.

Laurie J. Gentile
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
The Jones Group Inc.
1129 Westchester Avenue
White Plains, New York  10604
Tel.:  (914) 640-5966
Fax:  (914) 640-1676

NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments to it may contain privileged
and confidential information from The Jones Group Inc. or its affiliates.  This
information is only for the viewing or use of the intended recipient.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of, or the taking of any action in reliance upon,
the information contained in this e-mail, or any of the attachments to this
e-mail, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender by replying to this message and delete it
from your system.