ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transfer-comments-c]

Comments on `` C. Transfer Denial Reasons ''

  • To: transfer-comments-c@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on `` C. Transfer Denial Reasons ''
  • From: Patrick Mevzek <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:49:30 +0100

My main point is regarding item 7 and the expression ``lock status''

This should be better defined as,
- depending on protocols (RRP vs EPP), things vary
- there may be ``internal'' status maintained inside a registrar, not
known outside

So, for EPP, I think the reason should be rephrased using the
``clientTransferProhibited'' status code. And the REGISTRAR-LOCK one
for RRP, for the time it is still used.

But, as far as I understand, if a domain has this code, the
_registry_ should deny the transfer request, so the current registrar
should not even get the transfer request (and maybe just a
notification to be able to tell someone tried a transfer)

About point 8 & 9 (no transfer in a 60 days timeframe after
registration or transfer), I believe this could be directly enforced
by the registry, with the serverTransferProhibited status code, being
put automatically at registration or after a transfer, and removed
automatically by the registry 60 days later.

I also believe that for points 1 to 4 and especially so for point 2
(UDRP action), if the domain being transfered is in any of these
cases, it should already have a ``lock'' status put on itself by the
registrar, long before the transfer request. EPP allows to put an
explanation alongside a status, so it could be used for that.

--
Patrick Mevzek . . . . . . Dot and Co (Paris, France)
<http://www.dotandco.net/> <http://www.dotandco.com/>