ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[transparency-2007]

Re: [ga] Limitations of report on ICANN transparency and accountabilty

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN transparency-2007 <transparency-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Limitations of report on ICANN transparency and accountabilty
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:22:33 -0700

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Agreed.  And as has been noticed and noted over and over again
ICANN's mindless repetition is a hallmark of the Bod and most of
the staff's management style.  Such a style does not demonstrate
transparency in any meaningful or helpful way.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I do a lot of writing where boilerplate is required to meet minimum
> legal requirements. Boring stuff like jurisdiction and duty - breach -
> causation - damage. You end up using the same phrases over and over in
> mindless repetition.
>   The report from one world trust reads like a totally generic
> document. I kept looking for the meat on the bones and just could not
> find it.
>   The sources for their information appeared like the inmates gaurding
> the asylum.
>   I am afraid commenting on merits of this travesty would give it too
> much credence and the better route would be a campaign to get ICANNs'
> money back.
>
>   Eric
>
> Edward Hasbrouck <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Where can one send comments? What is the eMail address?
>
> You can send comments to . The address and other info are at the URL
> in my original message:
>
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-4-29mar07.htm
>
> > Can anyone send to the eMail address or is it also restricted,
> > ergo non transparent?
>
> I think anyone can send comments. Mine were posted within a few hours
> after I replied to an anti-spam verification e-mail message.
>
> I have exchnaged comments with Kieren McCarthy on the ICAN N blog and
> at ICANNWatch.org. Kieren says he is working on adding the open
> requests for comments, and comment deadlines, to the schedules and
> lists of pending ICANN decision-making processes on the ICANN Web
> site.
>
> > Edward Hasbrouck wrote:
> >
> > > Limitations of report on ICANN transparency and
> > > accountabilty:
> > >
> > > http://forum.icann.org/lists/transparency-2007/msg00003.html
> > >
> > > The deadline for comments on the report is Friday, 27
> > > April 2007:
> > >
> > > http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-4-29mar07.htm
>
> Edward Hasbrouck
> edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://hasbrouck.org/icann/
> +1-415-824-0214

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827