ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

Please open the domain names

  • To: <wellington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please open the domain names
  • From: Lindsay B. Nauen <nauen002@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:58:59 -0600

For over 40 years I have been making  international trips--86 countries
so far--doing most of the planning on my own.  With this experience as
background I respectfully urge your organization to open the "travel"
and "aero" domain names to the public.  While most people may not travel
as much, or as independently, as I they should have full access to use
the Internet to the fullest extent possible.

I realize that in the short run this may not seem to be in the best
interests of your industry.  But in the long run increased travel by the
public will enhance your members' operations and profits.  It can not
do any harm towards reducing international tensions either, and that
will benefit us all.

Sincerely,

/Richard Weil, Ph.D./
25 Charles Avenue