ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

IRP

  • To: wellington@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: IRP
  • From: nan moore <librarinan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:43:51 -0500

ICANN Board of Directors --
I support Edward Hasbrouck's efforts to get ICANN to follow its own
rules and his effort to report on how travellers have been excluded from
the ".travel" and ".aero" top-level Internet domain names.
I think the travel industry shouldn't have been given exclusive control
of ".travel". ICANN should have listened to its own consultants who
found that the travel industry doesn't represent the travelling public, and
recommended against the .travel proposal
I want them to give Mr. Hasbrouck's requests a fair hearing.
I think it reflects very poorly on your industry to take advantage of
the Internet for your own commercial purposes.
Nan Moore