ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

".travel" Domains

  • To: <wellington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ".travel" Domains
  • From: Tom Graves Photos <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:45:07 -0800

Sirs:

I urge you to reconsider your position on .travel domain naming rights.

The success of the Internet has been built on openness. Limiting a
domain name to a single industry is not open minded. Unfortunately, the
current tough economic climate combined with the merging of major
corporations (and the resulting reduction in competition) has led to a
system ripe for abuses?most often against the consumer.

I know Mr. Hasbrouck to be a highly principled travel journalist and I
support his position on this important issue.

Your minds and your hearing should be open.

Tom Graves

415-550-7241

tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

www.tomgraves.com <http://www.tomgraves.com>