ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

Status of Whois Privacy Review

  • To: <whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Status of Whois Privacy Review
  • From: "COOK, Tim" <Tim.COOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:17:26 +1000

Hello,
I have just been made aware of the activities associated with the Whois
Privacy Task Force.  I have read the final report and the associated
'Wellington' briefing of late March 2006.
As a member of the financial industry having to deal with cyber-crime on
a daily basis I am intensely interested in the outcomes of this task
force ( I appear to have missed the closure date for public comments).
It is unclear from the documentation whether a decision on which
Foundation to adopt has been made.
Can you please advise me of the status of the deliberations on this
proposal and whether it is too late to make a submission for your
consideration.
Many thanks

Regards

Tim Cook
Manager IT Security, Suncorp
IT009, Level 6, Suncorp Centre, Brisbane, 4000
Work: (07) 3836 1727 (ext 61727)
Fax : (07) 3836 1629
tim.cook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is sent by Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 or one of its
related entities "Suncorp".

Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11
55  or at suncorp.com.au.

The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does
not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including
attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised
and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from
your system.

If this e-mail constitutes a commercial message of a type that you no longer
wish to receive please reply to this e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the
subject line.