ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

Domain Name Privacy

  • To: <whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Name Privacy
  • From: "McCourry, Joe" <Joe.McCourry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:45:52 -0600

To ICANN.org,

   I am a Domain Name owner and I am in support of the OPoC model.  This
model provides far more for the majority of Domain owners than the
Special Circumstance model which caters to a small few.

   I firmly support the right of Law Enforcement to access Domain
records when in the official pursuit of a crime.  This is an addition
that should be made to the OPoC model.

   It is my opinion that ICANN should be in the business of protecting
the masses from unwanted and unsolicited mail. Spam is clogging the
internet as well as creating an unproductive workforce because of the
deletion of Spam mail.   Protect our privacy.  Protect the information
you are entrusted to protect from abuse.

Joe McCourry

IT Consultant