ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

Whois privacy

  • To: whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Whois privacy
  • From: "Eric S. Fisher" <efisher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:16:57 -0500

My vote is in favor of OPoC (Operational Point of Contact). This is the only method that will truly protect the interests of domain name owners. I'm sure that law enforcement agencies will be able to obtain the information they need via proper search warrants executed against registrars. It is no one else's business who owns a domain name.

Thank you,

Eric S. Fisher
Groton, MA, USA

--
Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform me immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.