ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

I support the Operational Point of Contact model

  • To: whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I support the Operational Point of Contact model
  • From: "Greg Shaffer" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:25:15 -0500

Hello -

I am writing simply to comment that I support the Operational Point
of Contact model for whois security and oppose the Special
Circumstances model since it does not do enough to protect the
privacy of domain holders.  This issue probably has no impact
whatsoever for business and corporate entities, but for the average
person who wishes to host their own domain, I believe there needs to
be some way to prevent all of their contact information from being
made publicly available.  There are many ways that a person with a
less than legitimate reason for disguising their identity can operate
with relative anonymity and impunity, so why should the owners of
domain names be held to a higher standard?

Greg
---
Greg Shaffer
greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx