ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whoisrt-discussion-paper]

Attachments??

  • To: whoisrt-discussion-paper@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Attachments??
  • From: Patrick Klos <patrick@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:32:48 -0400

I guess I haven't participated in these things enough to know what's expected, but I'm surprised that people feel the need to put their remarks into PDF and DOC (and DOCX) file attachments rather than simply in the mail message? These people expect everyone to use external software to review their comments? PDFs are pretty universal, but I don't think people should be expected to have Microsoft Word (with its history of exploits) or some other reader, and I won't open DOC[X] files from this forum to see what their sender had to say.

What I don't understand is why the response labeled "Business Constituency response to WHOIS Review Team questions" has a link for an attachment that appears to be a PDF file, when the actual file appears to be a DOC file (according to the URL)?? That's too strange!

Patrick Klos
Klos Technologies, Inc.