ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX is censorship does nothing to protect children and is intended to burden adult webmasters

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX is censorship does nothing to protect children and is intended to burden adult webmasters
  • From: "EZ Money" <ez_money@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:48:53 -0500

This does nothing to protect children..

I am a parent, I have kids... I have cybersitter on my kids computers and the
computer is not in their room, it's always within my sight..  that's just the
way it should be.

Child Pornographers and SPAMMERS do not play by the rules to begin with, so
added new rules does nothing but penalize the legit and honest webmasters.

I am also an adult webmaster. I have 40 domains that I pay $10/month for
currently...
with the new xxx scheme I will have to pay 750% more?   so instead of
$400/year, I will be paying $3,000

Now add to that my 7 years of work building traffic and a name will go right
down the toilet and I will have to begin again?

Others will rush in to register xxx domains with my .com domain, hence killing
my business more..

This is just insane.. it's just one more step of censorship to create hardship
on adult webmasters and push most of us out of the business.

Freedom of speech is just going down the toilet with more and more
restrictions, and Big Brother deciding what is best for us all..

I pray to God there is an end to all of this radical interaction by Big Brother
one day (i.e.: new 2257 regs that were unconstitutionally "backdated" killed
countless USA based adult sites, the new online gambling regs made US based
webmasters lose a fortune, etc).  When will it end?  What is next?

As a parent, as a webmaster, and as a law abiding American citizen, I beg of
you that this xxx censorship never occurs.

Thank you