ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Reguarding .XXX, Why it's not usefull.

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Reguarding .XXX, Why it's not usefull.
  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:43:00 -0800 (PST)

To whom needs to know,

.XXX is a bad idea, much like a few others have mentioned previously, its
just a ploy to beable to charge adult companies, and webmasters extra for
their domains, its not to protect children, think about it. If Adult is so
bad and is trying to lure children into buying memberships to porn sites,
then you guys need to get your facts straight and learn what the adult
industry is doing, there are MANY big names in adult who are all about
keeping it to adults, we don't want children viewing our sites, we're
about making money, and honestly, children are no good to us, why? because
kids don't have credit cards, so its just a waste.

better yet, let me quote a previous reply to this:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/xxx-icm-agreement/msg00039.html

he puts it better then anything i ever read:

"a lot of good arguments for why this is a bad idea have already been stated.
the .xxx TLD is complete silliness for the reasons stated. .xxx will not do
anything to help filters work. filters are like birth control, if you USE
them, they work.

stop trying to profit under the auspices of doing something "for the
children."

if you want to do something "for the children," start educating their
parents on how to use filters."

Thanks for listening.