ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Creation of .xxxdomain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Creation of .xxxdomain
  • From: "kchismusa@xxxxxxxxxxx" <kchismusa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:43:15 GMT

To Whom it may Concern:

I am writing to voice my displeasure and concern over the creation of a .xxx
domain on the internet, which would create an area for pornagraphers to diplay
their "Product."  I encourage you to avoid this slippery slope from which there
will be no return.  I work with people everyday who have "bought into" the idea
that lack of respect for the human beings somehow okay, and what someone does
in the privacy of their own home does not ultimately affect society.  I think
you would agree with the late Ted Bundy- who shared that the availability of
pornographic magazines at an early age, is what lead him to the heinous serial
murders he committed- that this is not the legacy you want to create nor be
responsible for in anyone's life.  In creating this type of domain, the
potential for the destruction of society as we know it, even now, is enough to
halt any consideration you would give to such filth.  I implore you to rethink
the idea and consider instead building a domain that will pass on a legacy that
is both uplifting and encouraging to societal values and build a domain that
will respect the human being for what they have been created to do.

Respectfully, Kim Chism

FREE Reminder Service  - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd