ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

No to .xxx - Yes to .kid

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to .xxx - Yes to .kid
  • From: lusciousmedia@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:38:39 -0500

Dear Sirs,

I am 100% against the 'xxx' domain. I feel it is a poorly conceived idea that
will lead to more problems than it attempts to solve.

If you are truly looking to protect our children by creating a safe community
on the Internet, I suggest you create one for THEM. I feel a 'kid' domain is a
much better idea. How easy would it be for a parent to KNOW their children are
safe? It would be as simple as allowing access to ONLY 'kid' domains.

There's no need to stomp all over individual freedoms to protect our children.
There are smarter and better ways. Kids deserve a safe place on the Internet
and a 'kid' domain would surely satisfy that.

Do the right thing and kill the 'xxx' domain once and for all. It's truly just
a horrible idea.

Thank you for your time,

Tom Impellitteri

AOL Mail and more.