ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

No to .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: No to .xxx
  • From: "Kathy Russell" <km2russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:52:25 -0500

I understand that ICM is fighting hard to get Congress to pass legislation
allowing ICANN to create a .xxx domain for pornographix websites.
I can't express enough opposition to that idea.  While some may claim that it
will make it easier to isolate such subject matter and filter unwanted spam,
many of us believe that just the opposite is true.  This idea would be smilar
to ordering a city to require a "red light district" in their planning and
zoning.

Pornography destroys lives - the lives of those involved in filming it, as well
as the lives of those viewing it.  Pornographic sites need to be shut down, not
promoted.  It makes no sense to create a new domain where more pornography will
be available and more likely to be seen by children. Pornographers will not be
required to move or close down their '.com' sites, so they will actually be
creating more porn sites online.

I urge you NOT to allow the .xxx domain.

Kathy Russell
Alachua, FL