ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

RE: Public Comment

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Public Comment
  • From: Gregg Mosson <gmosson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:10:29 -0500

ICANN and Internet Community:
Gregg Mosson
Internet User
01-09-2007

I am writing in opposition to a proposed .xxx, because there is no need for a pornographic Internet domain name space considering the many available domain names out there. People still have access to .com domain names, let alone .euro, .net, .us, and .ru, and many others. I myself use the Internet and do not want a space designed for this type of activity.

There is no way a global .xxx space will be able to block the worst potential Web sites and practices attracted to this domain name. Thinking so is a pipe dream. This proposal most likely is an attempt to profit from a new domain space, and that is all it is. It will serve an industry that denigrates--and in some parts of the world--enslaves those involved in pornography.

Gregg Mosson
pawmagazine[nospam]ATyahoo.com
Baltimore, Maryland