ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

More Pornography on the Internet ?

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: More Pornography on the Internet ?
  • From: "Ken Claussen" <KLMB34@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:20:53 -0700

To whom it may concern,

I heard that a group was considering offering an option to expose more
people to pornography and I couldn't believe it. There is no good reason for
this.

I do not consider myself to be right wing, but more moderate in my views.  I
cannot understand how anyone could justify this action.

Please consider the health and welfare of the majority of the internet users
and not bow to pressures extended by a very small set of constituents,
mainly pornographers trying to make more money publishing illicit and
immoral material that will inevitably end up being viewed by minors.

There are enough outlets currently available for this material, additional
outlets are not necessary or welcome.

I ask that you use good common sense and reject this proposal.  Please do
not table it for further discussion, reject it.

Thank you,

Ken Claussen