ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I oppose the creation of .XXX tld

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I oppose the creation of .XXX tld
  • From: "B.D." <byotdesignstudio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:35:31 +0100

As an adult webmaster, designer and marketeer, I oppose the creation
of .XXX - I believe it will cause more harm than good. Like many
things recently, disquised under the flag of righteousness, justice
and the ever more popular: protect the children rights, it's nothing
more than a way for a small group of people (the people behind the
.XXX tld) to become instantly rich  by charging extremely high yearly
registration fees, not to mention disturbing the existing harmony that
settled down after the dot com boom back in 2000.

I'm against the .XXX and please stop raising the .XXX issue every
couple of months, it's an insult to our inteligence.

As an adult webmaster in charge of several major adult portals, I keep
track of USC2257 and other acts that make sure all the posted content
is legal and all participating models are of legal age, and use proper
labelling for the site by using the ICRA and ASACP meta tags that
allow parents to easily block my sites for protection of their
children.

Many thanks B.D.