ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domain- bad

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX Domain- bad
  • From: "Stephen FULcher" <cypher0_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 01:55:18 +0000

Dear Sirs,

While I agree with AFA about the domain name, I do not agree with how they
are handling it.  I believe you are trying to take a positive step in
isolating pornographic websites.  However, as the AFA mentioned, these
websites can still use there original domain names.  I believe I have an
effective solution to the matter.  Below is a copy of the email I sent to
you through the AFA.  In order so that my email may actually get read, I
re-sent it so my ideas may actually be made known.

I am opposed to the establishment of the triple X domain. You should be working to get pornography off the Internet, not putting more on it!

That said, I would not be opposed to the
the following conditions:
1. Every pornographer moves there site to
one site. If they do not, their site will
be shut down. My reasoning for this would
be so all the sites will be in one place
and...
2. It will have ONE name. All sites that
hook up to this "main site" will have their
name changed to
www."mainsite".com/"pornsite."
This will reduce the amount of pornsites
right down to one, which would be easier to
avoid.
3. If pornographers do not comply with
these demands, then their site shall either
be shut down or blocked from American
audiences and image searches, such as
google, yahoo, etc. Of course, this will
require a law to pass through Congress in
order to make this effective, but it is
worth it to keep kids as isolated from
pornography as possible.

That is what I have to say. I hate
pornography, but I am not opposed to moving
into just one spot UNDER one name to reduce
the exposure of it to children. Also,
under ONE name, parents could easily block
the site.

These are my thoughts on the matter,
gentlemen. Do not expect my support unless
these simple conditions are met.

After rethinking through some of what I have said above, I realized that what I laid down would be no small task. For one site to host that many pornography sites, it would take a massive server. Also, questions of freedom of speech might arise. However, those questions should be easily shot down as all content will be still viewable, just it will stem from one main site. And, this would require a group of people to be monitoring the internet for sites trying to bypass the "mainsite." However, this would create jobs, and I am sure you would be able to find people willing to search for pornography sites.

An advantage to this main site would be the fact that illegal content
(incest, underage, etc.) would be blockable.  Also, the viruses attached to
certain sites would be eliminated.  And, as I already mentioned, parents
would be able to block pornography with less difficulty.

While I am sure there are other advantages and disadvantages, I urge you to
think over what I have said.  As fellow Americans, it is our duty to ensure
the children of this great country are not rotting their minds on that
filth.  When they are older they can make the choice for themselves.
Ultimately, the parents will decide.  However, we can do our part to help
make that decision easier.

Sincerely,
Stephen T. Fulcher

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001