ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

COMMENTS ABOUT .XXX - please read this

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: COMMENTS ABOUT .XXX - please read this
  • From: <piotr.wojciechowski1980@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:22:19 +0100 (CET)

Dear Ladies, Dear Gentlemen,

I feel the internet is in its mature stage already.
No need for useless extensions like .museum, .aero, .travel.

And ESPECIALLY THERE IS NO NEED FOR .XXX !

A few facts:

1. .xxx will legitimize porn
2. .xxx will not be enforced (porn websites will not be required
to move to .xxx)

so, two different scenarios will be possible

a) porn webmasters will register many new .xxx domains without
abandoning their .coms - in effect this will INCREASE the number
of porn websites

b) porn webmasters will not be stupid and they will NOT pay $75
USD for .xxx if they can pay $7 for .com or .net now. In that
case .xxx - by the fact of its creations - will legitimize porn,
but will be almost "dead" anyway, noone will voluntarly move
from .com to .xxx.

In both scenarios, creating .xxx is completely pointless and only
createw new problems!

I URGE YOU TO VOTE DOWN THE XXX DOMAIN - PLEASE DO NOT APPROVE
THIS.

Very truly yours,

Piotr, from Gdansk, Poland