ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

domain concern

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: domain concern
  • From: Daniel Lorimer <dplorimer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 05:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am concerned about the opening of a new xxx domain dedicated for pornography
sites.  I believe that the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
should be working to lessen the problem of pornography on the internet, not
make it worse.  Opening a new domain just for pornography sites will make the
problem worse.  It won't keep our kids any safer on the internet, in fact it
will make it more dangerous for them because their will be more pornography
sites.  Will this help stop the problem of minors seeing pornography? No.  Will
this help stop of the problem of child pornography? No.  It will only make the
situation worse by providing the pornography industry it's on safe haven on the
internet.  I ask that the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
not open a new xxx domain, and that they would do what they can to help
eliminate the problem of internet pornography.

Sincerely,
Daniel Lorimer

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question
on Yahoo! Answers.