ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Reject .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Reject .xxx
  • From: Tara <tara520@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:51:32 -0800

As an adult webmaster, I emphatically reject the idea of the creation of an
.xxx tld for several reasons including:

1.  The slippery slope created when segregating any specific form of legal
content.
2.  The cost of ~$70 is horrendous and borders disgusting when 'regular' TLDs
run in the area of $15 on average.
3.  Such a TLD would make it easier for children to find porn, not harder as
ICM is insinuating.  anything.xxx will give you porn...how much easier can it
get?  If a parent doesn't use filters, you've pretty much handed porn out on a
silver platter.  Question, how many parents currently use content filters?  How
many even know how to use a filter? That should be a question you should
consider.
4.  Those who are doing illegal things now, will still be doing illegal things
if there is an .xxx TLD.

Taking the points above into consideration, I find it is clear that this is an
effort fueled by dollar signs in the eyes of ICM.  If they would have taken but
one moment to consider the hard facts, they would have rejected this idea
before the first stroke of a pen to paper.

Lastly, I find it extremely tactless for a company to hide behind a false
agenda of 'protecting the children' when clearly, the real winners in this plan
is ICM...not children, not parents, and certainly not adult webmasters.

REJECT .xxx!

Tara