ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I don't support .xxx, Please consider this.

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I don't support .xxx, Please consider this.
  • From: "Redacted per data subject's request" <Redacted per data subject's request@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:08:47 -0800

Hello,

I am a webmaster of of an adult site. I have been in the industry for 5
years.
I've seen the .xxx news recently and I'd like to express my opinion which is
that I don't support .xxx.

- It'll be a hit to the US based adult webmasters.
- It won't protect children from the internet adult content.
- It'll only be good for the ICM registry at the same time the others will
have a really hard time to start over everything.
- I'd like to support if there is .kid TLD because it'll absolutely protect
the our children and give them a safe cyber space for their needs.

I hope the people who're responsible in voting will consider this issue
again and deny it. In conclude, I'd like to say one more thing.
.xxx will only help the ICM registry to get their money that they have lost,
but it won't help us and our children have a safe cyber space.

Best regards, Mike