ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Xxx domains

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Xxx domains
  • From: "FUBAR Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:29:02 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hello,

I am a successful and responsible adult webmaster and I'm writing you to let
you know that I am strongly opposed the the .xxx domain name idea.

While it sounds that the ICM Registry has good intentions,  it is a clearly
money driven proposal. ICM has no support in the adult webmaster community -
the responsible part of our community fully supports self regulation, but we
don't want to be regulated by outside companies, with no relations to or
understanding of  our community.

I also feel that .xxx won't be a success also because of the surprisingly
high cost ($75 per domain) of the proposed .xxx domains. It will not help
parents to protect their children, if anything, it will give them a false
sense of security. The majority of adult webmasters won't abandon their
current .Com and ..net domains to move to .xxx - in fact .xxx domains will
be mostly registered by domain speculators and by companies wanting to
protect their trademarks.

Overall, .xxx won't accomplish anything and it's a clearly bad proposal,
with no support at all from the adult webmasters community.

Thank you
Sandra Kane
Senior webmaster

GIF image