ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.xxx site

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx site
  • From: "Gene Stewart Real Estate" <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:52:29 -0600

To whom it may concern:

It is my opinion that it is too easy for anyone, especially young
children, to access porn sites on the internet.  Let me state that I
believe ALL porn sites should be banned from the internet, but it is
obvious that that will not happen.

My first response was to oppose the.xxx site, but after giving some
thought to it, I would be able to support it under the following
conditions.
    1.  ALL porn sites would be under the .xxx site.
    2,  ALL porn sites would be banned from any other location on the
internet.
    3.  Anyone who accesses the .xxx site would be required to register
with the .xxx site and have a password to access it, show proof of age
(at lease 21 years old), and
         give sone form of proof of address.
    4.  Anyone who gave the password out to a minor, would be
prosecutable by law if found guilty.

I am sure there are other conditions that could be implemented to
protect our youth and hold those accessing the .www accountable, but the
above are a few of the fundamental requirements that should be mandated.

Thank you for considering my suggestions,

Sincerely

Gene Stewart
San Saba, TX