ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Opposed to X-Web

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to X-Web
  • From: "Mark McAuley" <mmcauley1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:25:05 -0600

To those who will decide,

As a former Elementary School administrator, a parent and grandparent I have
seen how impressionable and resourceful children can be. It is foolish to
believe that "adults" can hide their attitudes and problems from their
children. To create an XXX domain which would not harm children is not only
impossible but will be harmful to our children when they find ways around
the protective "fence"  and also though the clearly proven addiction and
behavior problem such places create among adults who visit them.

Please protect our children and our culture by defeating any effort to
create a special XXX domain.

Thank you for considering this letter.

Please don't make it easier and more "legitimate' for people to be self and
socially destructive.

Mark McAuley