ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I recommend the approval of .XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I recommend the approval of .XXX
  • From: Eduardo Castaneda <eduardocastaneda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:07:31 -0500

I'd like to start off by saying that .xxx deserves a place in the internet just
like .org, .edu, .gov or any other TLD. Afterall the internet has become part
of our everyday lives and with proper restrictions and regulations that protect
users from abuse, freedom of "usage" should be the rule! Let users decide if
.xxx or .com is the right or wrong domain name for them. It all comes down to
permission to express freely and responsibly.
 From a business perspective, there is nothing wrong with competition! More
choices, better chances TLD owners will compete to make their TLDs safer,
cleaner, more transparent homes for domain names.
I completely disagree with the notional concept that .xxx will promote
pornography. Have u heard of an increase in sales of xxx rated movies just
because a newer media such as the DVD was introduced? .xxx is just another way
to access what already exists. It wont add or take away what the porn industry
already offers, nor it'll facilitate the already easy access to adult related
material. Just a different TLD. To the contrary, .xxx will certainly make it
easier to police and control the usage and delivery of xxx rated material over
the internet by promoting proper ZONING. Just like a cities are zoned and land
is assigned a purpose, the internet should allow for zoning through specific
TLDs.
I support this project and recommend its approval!

Sincerely,

Eduardo Castaneda
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA