ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Dot XXX

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Dot XXX
  • From: sports5013@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:07:00 -0500

 Hello,
 I want to write and express my concerns about establishing an xxx domain for
pornography on the Internet. There are two aspects to this problem. First,
since all pornographic sites or content on the Internet are not required to
switch to an xxx domain, the establishing of said domain does not actually
accomplish anything except create greater ease at which to access pornographic
sites. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, establishing an xxx domain gives
legitimacy to the pornography industry by recognizing them as separate and
distinct. This is something the industry does not deserve. Regardless of the
moral question involved, it is quite obvious that a separate domain will do
little but increase the proliferation of pornography on the Internet.
 Thank you for your time.
 Very Sincerely,
 Rebecca Ribnick

AOL Mail and more.