ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

No to .XXX

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to .XXX
  • From: DVDs For A Buck <Pamela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:47:20 -0800

To whom it may concern.

I am an adult webmaster in the adult online entertainment community and I am strongly opposed to this idea of restricting adult content sites to a .XXX TLD.

From what I have seen in the ICM proposal, the creation of this TLD will do nothing to stop children from accessing pornography or anything else that is unsuitable for minors to view. The segregation of an industry to a single TLD for screening purposes only is simply an outdated thought. What about filesharing sites like YouTube and peer-to-peer networks like MySpace - all decentralized and untouchable under the .XXX TLD that has supposedly been proposed to protect children.

I have seen no provisions for the adult content sites which are owned by non US citizens/companies. If this TLD is to protect children, it certainly has not been thoroughly thought out and proposed. Children who are unsupervised while using a computer and want to find porn will.

To say that this TLD was designed to protect children is cruel in the way that it is preying on the very people ICM claims to want to "protect". It's my opinion that when you put children out in front as your protective shield, ICM feels that they can get this TLD passed.

I attend numerous adult tradeshows and seminars throughout the year, and not once have I seen a panel or a meet and greet session with the people of ICM who claim to be "working with" the adult industry webmasters.

In closing, I am strongly against .XXX.

Regards,

Pamela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
begin:vcard