ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX Domain
  • From: "Jimmy McFatter" <Jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:36:18 -0600

Mr. Chairman

I am greatly alarmed and disappointed that ICANN is even remotely
considering the establishment of a XXX domain dedicated to purveyor of
pornography.  While the ACLU may refer to the filth that pornographers
produce as valuable information, it does nothing but exploit women, children
and the family.  Rather than legitimizing this destructive material, all of
our efforts need to be used to rid the internet of such garbage.
Pornographers may hide behind the First Amendment, but all freedoms have
restrictions.  Freedom of speech does not allow you to yell "Fire" in a
crowded theatre, and we do not have the freedom to take any and all types of
drugs without regulation.  Pornography destroys everything it touches.
Pornography is not a legitimate, constructive form of art or communication.
It is a cancer that should be excised. Pornographers will not abide by
regulations imposed against it.  A xxx domain will only be exploited for
their further sick gain, while they continue to utilize every other domain
possible to peddle their smut.

Please, lay the issue of a XXX domain to rest once and for all.  It is the
only decent thing to do.

Sincerely,

Jimmy McFatter