ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Many Adult Webmasters support .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Many Adult Webmasters support .xxx
  • From: Norman Mckendrick <spudmckendrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 07:09:53 -0800 (PST)

People of Icann,

  The lies and deception increase near the end.  These people who are
clambering to the front of the line claiming that they are the representatives
of the adult community are incorrect.  I, and many other adult webmasters,
welcome the implementation of .XXX.  I don't have one iota of fear that I will
be censored by using .xxx.  The technology to censor my sites exists today.
These self appointed prophets do NOT represent me.

    I see .xxx as an opportunity to access new space that is exhausted in com.
I hate that speculators are able to register millions of cheep domains in com
that somehow put them at the top of search engines.  These people scrape off
traffic that legitimate content providers create.  The real cost to legitimate
webmasters is insignificant because of the actual numbers of names needed is
low.

    No one is forcing the objectors to buy.  This is about CHOICE.  I want to
have the choice.  Please approve .xxx

  Sincerely,
    Norman Mckendrick