ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

stop .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: stop .xxx
  • From: "Paul Armstrong" <armstrong.paul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:23:03 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to voice my official opposition to the new .xxx TLD.

After recently hearing a panel discussion at the XBiz Hollywood Convention
and Awards which included A Dialogue with ICM Registry Stuart Lawley (ICM
Registry), Stephen Balkam (ICRA), Washington attorney Robert Corn-Revere and
industry attorney Gregory Piccionelli, my mind was set quite un-at ease with
the proposition.

I see this doing nothing to help fight CP or keep kids from seeing
Adultcontent online.
It is my personal feeling, and one that is shared by many in attendance that
Stuart Lawley has been misleading to the online adult industry in regards to
his intentions with .xxx registry as well as efforts to protect our
industry, one he claims not to be a part of but will fight for anyways, from
forced adoption of the .xxx for online adult related commerce. This rings
with the same BS as the cigarette companies and their years of research into
smoking being safe and being good for you. If someone will make money for
.xxx being mandatory then they by all rights will do what is best for their
bottom line. Stuart stands to make 70% of all profits. That said I will not
start on why the .xxx names are starting at $60. This looks to me like a
cash grab, and this will cost the companies I directly work with $20,000 -
50,000 a year just to protect our name brands.

Please on behalf of myself, PlatinumBucks.com, Adultrental.com
AdultLounge.com all the websites we own and our employees accept our
opposition to the .xxx TLD, and do not let this nightmare become
real.Thereare simpler, better, and free solutions for the industry to
regulate its
self that does more then just put cash in the pockets of people that have
flat out said they do not work for or in the industry.

I also call in to question the names of the people that we are told number
in the 1,000's that are for the .xxx honestly there are strong feelings that
they may not be completely true. I suggest confirming and validating these
names.

Our internet holdings incompas 100,000's of internet users world wide.

Regards and have a great day,

Paul Armstrong