ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

internet domain comment

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: internet domain comment
  • From: Michael Chezik <chezik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:11:25 -0500

The internet is a vehicle that contributes in many good ways to our society and its need for information. However, along with the noble and beneficial things that it transmits, many destructive and sick things can be transmitted, too. The nature of the internet makes it difficult to sometimes distinguish at first glance which is which. While a domain of "xxx" may seem to help people distinguish what the types of information they want to view, it can also highlight the nature of the material to be viewed, and therefore draw people to the sites.

The use of pornography has grown exponentially in our world because of the easy accessiblity. The effects of this on our children, our families, and our society is just beginning to be seen and studied. Please don't make it easier for porn sites to be found and to thrive. Please don't take away more of the innocence of our children.

Mrs. Mary Ann Chezik, Ph.D.
mother of three