ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please do not establish a pornography website

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please do not establish a pornography website
  • From: donnainchr@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:40:04 -0500

Dear ICANN,

     I appeal to you in the strongest terms as a mother, grandmother, woman,
and citizen not to establish an all pornography internet website.  Pornography
is becoming addictive to so many men and young boys.  I have witnessed its
effect personally in the lives of people close to me.  I have seen one young
father lose his job as an engineer because of his addiction and viewing of
pornography on a corporate computer.  I have seen young men who become
shamefully addicted loathe themselves for it, but have great difficulty
stopping.  I have seen such addiction bring untold pain and anguish to family
members and have seen marriages severely damaged or destroyed as a result.  I
know a young man who was subjected to viewing pornography as a young child and
who was also sexually preyed upon.  He too has struggled with addiction to
pornography, despite the fact that he knows firsthand how horrible its effects
are.  I have seen an appalling breakdown of virtue, decency, and moral pur!
 ity among teens.  In one classroom in a public middle school where my daughter
teaches two children engaged in oral sex in the middle of class.  There is an
epidemic of oral sex among America's teen population.  Many are now suffering
from oral STD's as a result.  Pornography available on the internet is a plague
upon society.  It proliferates a great evil.  It promotes and legitimizes the
degradation and subjugation of millions.  Sexual predators are spawned,
enflamed, and emboldened by it.  Horrific crimes are committed as a result of
legitimizing such defiling behavior.
    How is it that you are desirous of establishing such a site?  Please do not
bring this guilt upon yourselves.  Do not rationalize away for the sake of
material profit the responsibility you will bear before God for the pain,
degradation, and destruction of untold millions who will frequent your proposed
website.  Do not think the lame excuse of people being able to block the site
if they don't want to view it will stand before God's judicial review.

Sincerely,
Donna Six

AOL Mail and more.