ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Serious flaws in proposed "xxx" domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Serious flaws in proposed "xxx" domain
  • From: "Millie Chidester" <m_chid@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:47:41 -0700

I would like to comment on the xxx domain for porn sites. At first this seemed
like a plan that would solve many issues concerning the availability of porn
among juveniles. But I've been made aware of certain problems, such as
pornographers not being required to use the domain; such as tech-savvy kids
being able to circumvent the domain; such as the "de facto" legalization of
obscenity; such as the domain not truly protecting society from hardcore
pornography. These are serious flaws in the xxx domain proposal. Obscene
materials should not be allowed to flood the internet at all. Society in
general needs protection against this filth.

Dan and Mildred Chidester
Richfield, Utah