ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX Seminar

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX Seminar
  • From: "Tom Hymes" <tom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:47:57 -0800

(This message was originally sent to Dr. Cerf on February 12, 2007. He
replied with the suggestion that it be posted to the .XXX public comment
list.)

Dr. Cerf,

I write because ICM's proposed .xxx sTLD is again on your Board's
agenda.  I very much enjoyed our exchange on this subject last Spring
when I was Director of Communications for the Free Speech Coalition.  I
am now the Publisher of XBIZ, one of the leading journals of the adult
entertainment community.

Last week, XBIZ held a seminar concerning the proposed .xxx sTLD, at
which representatives of ICM addressed and answered question from
members of the adult Internet community.  I believe that the seminar was
an important and timely contribution to the .xxx debate, and that ICM's
Stuart Lawley made some comments at that seminar which would be of
considerable interest to ICANN as to how ICM envisions .xxx operating
under the currently proposed registry agreement.  A transcript of the
statements, questions, and answers will be prepared shortly.  I urge the
ICANN Board to wait to review and consider the transcript before making
a final decision on .xxx.

Yours,

Tom Hymes

<http://www.xbizvideo.com/subscribe.php>