ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Pornography Internet Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pornography Internet Domain
  • From: "Mary Forester" <mforester4@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:12:40 -0600

I am concerned that ICANN is considering establishing a new internet domain
devoted solely to pornography.  I believe that such a domain will actually
proliferate pornography online, will confer legitimacy on material that
often violates state and federal obscenity laws and may even hamper
obscenity enforcement through the faulty notion that such material can
simply be blocked by those who don't want it.