ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX Domains - NO

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX Domains - NO
  • From: "Chaney, Leonard" <LChaney@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:26:56 -0500

Why would you want to solidify the notion the internet is a distribution
channel for pornography.  It is disturbing enough what is already
happening.  Instead of using this great medium of communications for
communication, we are using it for garbage and now it is formalized by
giving the pornographers not just a booth but a whole area where they
can peddle their defacing garbage.  Yes, the area is marked so people
can stay away if they want but that is no safety.  I realize that this
is a free market where people are free to sell garbage if they can but
does it need to be supported and condoned.

We should work toward cleaning up the internet not accepting the trash
that is out there.

Is this free speech - NO!  Is it protected speech - NO!  It is the
garbage that some misguided people label free speech in order to make a
profit but will ultimately water down our true rights to free speech so
much that we will loose the important things like protest and descent.

Len Chaney
572 Sumner Ave
Belford, NJ 07718

<Signature>
     <Name>Leonard Chaney</Name>
     <Company>K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC</Company>
     <Title>Senior Internet Application Developer</Title>
     <Phone>+1-732-383-2172</Phone>
     <WebAddress>www.khov.com</WebAddress>
     <eMail>lchaney@xxxxxxxx</eMail>
     <ICQ>153339454</ICQ>
     <FavoriteMadonnaSong/>
     <FavoriteQuote>Of course we can do it.
             There are already plans to colonize Mars.
             Software Development is so much easier
             Plus, there is no freeze dried food involved.
     </FavoriteQuote>
</Signature>