ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.xxx sTLD

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .xxx sTLD
  • From: "Jeffery Hinchey" <jeffery.hinchey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:00:36 -0400

When this was first proposed in 1997, I invested quite heavily and purchased
a number of names with this .sTLD and also with the .sex sTLD.  That
proposal was not accepted at that time against much protest by people in the
industry.

In my opinion those that purchased the right to use the name in the last
round, should get first dibs on the name in this round, since we already
showed our support financially and was struck out of the loop by a previous
decision.  This first right should be made part of the process.

Jeffery Hinchey