ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Support for xxx domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Support for xxx domain
  • From: "chriscaron" <chriscaron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:26:36 -0700

I am in favor of .xxx domains.

I would prefer that this be a mandatory requirement for adult sites but agree
that it should be voluntary to start. As web sites determine the legal
protection and convenience provided by having a .xxx domain (nobody can claim
they did not know what they were getting into), I hope they will voluntarily
switch over to this domain. I also suspect that governments will very quickly
require the transition.

The significant ease provided by a .xxx domain for filters and other methods to
protect against unintentional and unauthorized viewing outweighs any other
consideration. Likewise the false blocking of web sites (i.e. a "breast cancer"
site) by a filter could be eliminated.

The silly comments of others who are protesting this change as an encouragement
for expansion of adult web sites are deluding themself. These web sites are
growing fast enought without a .xxx domain. Wouldn't it be preferable to have
adult sites restricted to a part of the internet that is this more easily
protected and controlled than scattered around or in spoof sites that people
bump into by accident?

Thank you,
Chris