ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I oppose .XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I oppose .XXX
  • From: "BoothMultimedia" <boothmultimedia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:33:17 -0600

I am in the adult entertainment industry and I oppose .XXX

The proposed domain extension: .XXX would effectively create free market
censorship for the adult industry. In this day and age of civil rights and free
speech being attacked in our business, none of my peers view this as positive
for our industry. Nobody in any type of industry would.

Imagine if this was applied to right wing political websites (to keep them away
from left wing children) Or say... Islamic religious sites to keep them away
from impressionable Jewish children?

Censorship is not in the spirit of the internet or free market enterprise.

Everyone knows that it will not keep children away from internet porn. Nobody
is fooled.

The motivations behind it are partly fueled by fundamentalist ideologies and
fear but even more so by greedy registrars looking to profit of such an
enterprise and concealing there motivations as a concern for children.

I am in the adult entertainment industry and I oppose .XXX

Regards,

Jason Booth