ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I oppose .XXX TLD

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I oppose .XXX TLD
  • From: awysocki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:31:13 -1000

I would like to be on record of opposing a .XXX top level domain name.

I think a better solution would be to create a .KID domain for web sites
where ages up to 17 year old can go and hang out.  I work in the adult
industry and putting all the adult sites into one TLD is not the answer.

Some questions that need to be asked and answered.

1 - If a .XXX TLD is created what is considered to be an .XXX site.  Is it
nudity.  Will art studios that have male/female nude photos be required to
move to .XXX, if a web site only allows full frontal nudity but no sexual
act photos will they be required to move to .XXX, will libraries that
carry "Playboy" magazine will required to move to .XXX

2 - Creating a .XXX ghettoizes one industry,  Why not create a .STEEL, for
the steel industry, .SOFTWARE for software, .FOOD for food stores?  What
problem is being solving by creating this domain.  Underage people will
now be able to find adult sites easier.  Why not solve the problem of age
verification on the web, instead of rounding up an industry and putting
them in a camp.

3 - Will the issue of Trade Marks that have been made to all the .COM .NET
or other TLD that have been paid for and the thousands of dollars spent on
those protections be refunded so that the move to .XXX can be made.  The
cost of the TLD along with the cost of registering company names with city
& state governments, bank accounts, trademarks and office supply is
unfairly being added to a set of companies that have done nothing wrong.

4 - The ability of governments to censor .XXX domains.

Andrew J Wysocki
AB Software LLC
BigMuscle.com (TM)
584 Castro Street #730