ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Opposing .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposing .xxx
  • From: John > ProAdult <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:16:18 -0800

It has come to my attention as well as the attention of almost all of the
adult industry that you have decided to take into consideration the use of
the .xxx extension to emphasize that the site using this is in fact an adult
site. I don't see a solution to anything by using this tactic to categorize
the adult entertainment industry in its own nest as most of the domains
operated by the adult community reside on domains that refer to adult themed
names anyway. This is a useless move and will cause dilemmas to a peaceful
community that is already taking extra measure to ensure security and
liability for the materials posted on the site. This is a very bad move and
I ask you to reconsider.

REGARDS
JOHN
PROADULT