ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

NO to .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NO to .xxx
  • From: "NikkiLicks" <nikkilicks@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:42:10 -0700

Date: 2-28-07

Here is my response to lawleys .xxx proposal.........

I am taking the time once again to write you people and let you know I and my
company laughing Loon Productions are opposed to an .xxx tld.

I do not want a .xxx tld

We previously sent in our letter of opposition and why we feel the way we did
about .xxx.

Since it is no problem for you folks to toss out our opinions, I am attaching
my letter once again in hopes you send this lawley and his band of merry men
along with their scamming ideas down the road.

AGAIN!!! WE ARE OPPOSED TO A .XXX TLD.

Hopefully this letter showing opposition to a .xxx tld will not be tossed in
the waste can again

To whom it may concern:

First and foremost, I would like to state we are opposed to the proposal of the
TLD .xxx. As a member of the adult webmaster industry since 2003, I have no
interest in agreeing with or using the .xxx TLD at the hands of greedy
individuals with no remorse for such a bogus campaign.

This .xxx in "NO WAY" will protect children from accessing porn. In reality, it
will provide a RED LIGHT DISTRICT for "OUR/MY" children to have extremely easy
access to porn and more porn sites than they did in the past. The TLD .xxx will
only make it easier for children to access adult material illegally, just as
they have done with the .com TLD's.

The answer to stopping children accessing online adult material would be to
implement a .kids TLD.

Myself as a parent, I implement security settings and we do monitor what our
children do when they are on the internet. I suggest we educate the parents of
the world and hold them responsible for their children accessing porn. It is
time for parents to take some responsibility, pay attention to what their
children are doing, instead of tuning them out because of a hard day at work.

There are many ways to protect children from accessing adult Material on the
Internet and .xxx is "NOT" the way. The responsibility lies with the parents
AND the adult community, but not solely on the adult community.  There are many
filtering programs that can achieve this. We take it upon ourselves to use IRCA
and such tagging programs to do our best to keep children off of our sites. It
does not matter how much we implement tagging systems, if the parents don't
take such action, then the system will not work.

This whole .xxx, once again is being served to us like a bad plate of food, by
(Sturat Lawley, his side kick Jason Hendeles and their band of merry men).

These individuals (Stuart Lawley, Jason Hendeles and their band of merry men)
have "NO" concern what so ever about protecting our children, but rather to
feed their self serving greedy monetary needs.  If this is not about the
"MONEY" why do you think ICM is pushing this down our throats with such vigor?
Why is the price of this TLD excessive to say the least, why you ask, because
these groups of individuals have chosen an industry where they know they can
bilk webmasters for millions of dollars?  If this self serving group wants to
do something about protecting our children they should consider starting with
the TLD .kids, but that would not be lucrative enough for ICM or ICANN.  They
have their eye on the "MONEY POT" and not the welfare and safety of the
children of the world.

1.) Stuart Lawley, Jason Hendeles are using innocent children as a platform to
spew their deceitful scam from a pulpit that ICANN keeps providing and it is
all about the "MONEY", plain and simple.

.XXX is not the answer, that makes it easy.

2.) Implementing this .xxx will not only hurt children even more, but will also
have a devastating affect on the adult industry small business owner. I am one
of them. We have worked hard to get our business established and to start
making some money. This will all go down the toilet if we are pushed out of our
.com's and forced into the .xxx TLD while Sturat Laley, Jason Hendeles pockets
with hard earned money that we have earned.

Stuart Lawley/ Jason Hendales are monetarily raping us with shameful acts while
covering it up with acts of deceit.

.XXX is not the answer, that makes it easy.

3.) This .xxx approach is "SPECULATION" at its best. This is not proven it will
work and has been voiced over and over why it won't work. How many times does
ICM AND ICANN have to be told we don't want .xxx? I guess all they hear is they
change dropping in both of their bank accounts.

I am offended that ICANN would put all of our businesses on the line with a
speculative proposal from a person that "USES CHILDREN" as a platform for
keeping children safe. This is a crime in itself and a very shameful act to say
the least. I will even go as far as to say it is a violation of mine and others
rights

.XXX is not the answer, that makes it easy.

4.) Why cant ICM and ICANN understand that the online industry and our company
Laughing Loon Productions, L.L.C. does not, nor will we ever support .xxx!

.XXX is not the answer, that makes it easy.

In the end if this .xxx is passed it will have great devastation on the
industry as a whole? It will purposely put hard working tax paying individuals
possibly out of business or

It could mean that you will voluntarily tax yourself by buying the .xxx domain,
both of which are a losing situation and (Stuart Lawley/ Jason Hendeles with
their band of merry men) will have succeeded in spitting in the face of the
rights of each and every hard working business person and our first amendment
rights.

5.) As a result of being pushed into the corner and feeling as though many
rights are being or may be violated, I am going to take further initiative and
CC my letter to the following list of agencies or any other we can locate.

A.)Senators and Representatives across this country.

B.)The Department of Justice.

C.)The Department of Commerce.

D.) Law enforcement and government agencies to seek a federal Court TRO against
the ICANN decision while insisting upon the conduct of a full and complete
Governmental investigation to insure that no
criminal/conspiratorial/RICO/IRS/etc regulations or laws have been assailed by
ICM or anyone else involved.

E.) The White House

F.) http://www.frc.com

I must admit, it is a very sad day that it has come to this. In my opinion we
want to be sure this receives good thought and concern for the children AND
every business person in this industry. I don't think we will get a fare shake
with the dealings between ICM and ICANN. Hopefully I am wrong. I am not willing
to sit back and wait for these two organizations to strip my lively hood away
from me, thus the reason to push forward to get the authorities involved.

We respectfully request that you turn down the .xxx TLD and tell (Stuart
Lawley, Jason Hendeles AND their band of merry men) TO HIT THE ROAD AND DON'T
LOOK BACK!!!

Sincerely

M.Murray

Laughing Loon Productions, L.L.C.